Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fireworks Fun

I spent the evening with some friends at the First Annual Fireworks Competitions at Coney Island in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Coney Island is one of my favorite local places, as I was a regular there during my childhood.  It's good to see that the place is coming back from retirement, as I was afraid it would disappear entirely some years ago.  Now there are lots of ride back in the park, but I think they need to work on the concessions a bit.  Anyway, it was good to see good old Moonlight Gardens, where I spent some time dancing in my twenties.


This is apparently the first nationally held competition of it's type.  Represented were: Mexico, Canada, and U.S.A.  Canada won hands down with Mexico bringing up the rear.  Then there was an encore from Rozzi, which stole the show.  They would have won, if they had competed.   It was a chilly evening and I didn't get home till about midnight but it was a fun time.  Here are a few images from the evening.  The rest are on my website here, where you can see I took some liberties in Photoshop.



3 comments:

  1. Hope they were selling hot chocolate!! :)
    Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially like the monochrome of Moonlight Gardens and the red fireworks shot above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies. Hope you can come along next time.

    ReplyDelete